Position Classification: Full-time, exempt employee
Position Location: Remote (headquarters office location – Oakland, CA)
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is saving the world’s coral reefs. We work at local, regional, and global levels to keep coral reefs healthy and happy so they can survive for generations to come. As one of the largest global NGOs focused exclusively on coral reefs, CORAL has used cutting-edge science and community engagement for nearly 30 years to reduce direct threats to reefs and to promote scalable and effective solutions for their protection.
We’re seeking a talented, ocean-loving creative to help amplify our message. Could that be you? Keep reading!
The Marketing Coordinator sits on the Development and Marketing Team and reports to the Associate Director of Marketing. Our DevMar group is an agile, highly organized, and impactful team focused on raising individual, institutional, and corporate revenue for CORAL all while driving awareness of our mission and elevating our brand.
The Marketing Coordinator supports various communication initiatives while working closely with the Associate Director of Marketing. This role requires a creative and collaborative approach, so we’re looking for a talented individual fluent in design, experienced in copywriting, and proficient in social media management. The Marketing Coordinator will implement strategies, produce engaging content, and effectively communicate the organization’s mission.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Social Media Management
- Develop and execute social media campaigns across various platforms
- Craft compelling content, including graphics, images, and videos, to captivate, educate, and grow our online community
- Monitor social media channels, respond to inquiries, and engage with followers
- Visual Design
- Work in Adobe Creative Suite to create visually appealing marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, and digital assets
- Collaborate with the team to develop innovative and captivating designs, all while maintaining brand continuity
- Build beautiful emails in HubSpot to engage our community of donors
- Update and maintain templates in Canva to help other teams stay on-brand
- Creatively and effectively communicate the organization’s work in the field specific to (and appropriate for) each distribution method
- Translate complex concepts into engaging stories that resonate with our audience
- Highlight the scientific foundation on which all of our work is done
- Craft persuasive and impactful copy for various marketing channels, including website content, articles, social media captions, and email campaigns
- Ensure consistent messaging and brand voice across all written communications
- Digital Marketing
- Create written and visual content with a purpose while setting measurable goals
- Develop compelling CTAs (calls to action) to support these goals
- Print Marketing
- Design print materials – invitations, postcards, ads, etc – with the technical knowledge of layout design and color settings, as well as packaging and exporting for print
- Liaise with external vendors to ensure high-quality production of print materials (as-needed)
- Marketing Operations
- Assign marketing collateral to campaigns and organize files well within our systems (Google Drive, HubSpot, Asana)
- Passionate about ocean conservation and our mission at CORAL
- Ability to travel to program locations 2x/year, possibly more
- 5+ years of related marketing and design work experience
- Fluent in visual design, with a strong portfolio showcasing expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Technical proficiency in LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Suite, HubSpot, and Asana
- Experienced copywriter with exceptional written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven expertise in managing social media platforms and developing engaging content formatted to each channel
- Highly creative and collaborative, able to work well independently as well as within a team environment
- An eye for emerging trends and an eagerness to test and learn, learn, learn
- Strong problem-solving, research, and analytical skills
- Prior experience balancing multiple projects with tight deadlines
- An updated portfolio of work, showcasing the above experience
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Spanish speaker and writer
- Social media guru with a good sense of humor and team-player mentality
- PR pitching and relationship building
- Experience with HubSpot’s marketing and automation tools
- Familiarity with using integrated data to analyze marketing campaigns
- Understanding of email marketing best practices and experience creating effective email campaigns
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and WP Engine
How to Apply
If you are a passionate and creative marketer who thrives in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio/work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Salary range is $52,000-$66,000 and is commensurate with experience. CORAL offers generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, wellness and training resources, EAP, 401K match of up to 4%, paid vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
The Coral Reef Alliance is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, or national origin.